If you are looking for Bill J's memorial
page, please visit ABOUT BILL J.
Do You Ever Feel Adrift in the Universe?
Cycle Two is on Wednesdays:
4pm PT, 5pm MT,
6pm CT, 7pm ET,
See below for
For newcomers to DA and BDA — we consider those in their first six months of
DA and BDA membership to be newcomers — who find the
registration fees below beyond your resources, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a 50% reduction.
We want to support, encourage, and welcome you as you begin the process of claiming and maintaining your solvency and of leaping into your recovery from debting. Unfortunately, we've found that debtors who are awarded free
registrations never complete the workshop cycle.
Here is the registration process, in order, for the second cycle of the BDA Virtual Mini-Conference beginning April 7, 2021:
1. Subscribe to this website using the SUBSCRIBE form in the footer of every page.
2. Follow the suggestions you receive in response to your subscription; the suggestions change over time.
3. One of those suggestions will be to review every public page on this website. Please do that so you will be fully informed.
4. Download the workshop materials for the Ones in both pdf and word doc from the workshop overview page and listen to the available recordings as a sample of the workshop presentations, discussions, and workshop material content. Between this step in the registration process (4) and the one before this (3), decide if these are the right workshops for you and if you're really prepared to make a six-month commitment to your own recovery. These workshops are closed to non-debtors, by the way, including those who have not decided if they're debtors yet. The mini-conference is open only to DA and BDA members who meet DA's 3rd Tradition requirement — a desire to stop incurring new unsecured debt, one day at a time, no matter what — and to Class B non-debtor trustees, both past and present.
5. If you're ready to join the 6-month workshop cycle, send your registration payment in increments of $50 per month via https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/bdaworkshops, the button in the footer will take you there. Payments for the full cycle upfront ($300) or for multiple months are encouraged and will be carefully tracked and documented. Subsequent months' registration, which has not yet been paid, is due by the 5th. (Registrations not renewed by 11:59pm pacific on the 5th of the month will be deleted from both the weekly video conferences and from the participant pages of this website.) You might want to expense your workshop registration to your business as education costs. We're not suggesting this, simply providing information: We know many BDA fellows who do expense the cost of BDA workshops to their businesses, especially BDA workshops with direct impact on their success.
6. You will receive invitations to create your own personal video conference links to both the weekly workshops and to the midweek drop-in fellowship. Follow those links and register with the video conference service as soon as possible. (Past workshop participants from previous cycles who want to maintain website access and a link to the midweek drop-ins — but no access to the weekly workshops — are asked for $10 per month, paid per cycle or per month, whichever is preferred. Eligibility for this "alumni rate" is based on completion of a previous six-month cycle, including submission of a participant survey and attendance at the wrap-up session. For past participants who want to participate in the new cycle of workshops on a weekly basis, please pay full registration.)
7. Wait patiently for your video conference registrations to be approved. There will usually be some delay, never more than twelve hours. We are taking everyone's anonymity seriously and are doing what we can to avoid any internet shenanigans. Manually approving (or rejecting) every registration and requesting more information when necessary helps us minimize inappropriate access to you and to us.
8. Sign up to become a website member. That option is in the TOP RIGHT corner of the header on every page of this website. You'll be asked for only your email address and a password. We don't receive your password so, if you lose it, you'll just need to follow the "forgot your password" prompts.
9. Wait patiently for your website membership to be approved. Same details as item 7 above.
10. Once your site membership is approved, submit the form at the top of the participant contact list page for inclusion on the list below it. (Being on the contact list is optional, but strongly suggested.) Then you're all set!
11. Join us every week (for two hours) for six months, plus After Party and midweek fellowship whenever you can. You will have your own personal, unique access codes to the video conferences, which are non-transferrable. Please do not share any of the video conference invitations or information with anyone else. Misbehavior with logins will cause denial of access and forfeiture of registration. As long as you keep your registration paid by the 5th of each month, or prepay for multiple months, you will be able to use the same personal links, except for orientations (that's a separate one-time link), for all six months.
12. Take the 12 Steps with an emphasis on work and business, using the workshop materials, sessions, and recordings, along with help and support of fellow workshop participants, and recover from compulsive debting, both personally and in business.
That's it. Easy-peasy!
Bob A, business debtor in Seattle,
by way of San Francisco and Portland,
and your BDA Workshops host